When we have faith in Christ, then we understand that the
trials and challenges that we are given in this life are a blessing that is
meant to refine and perfect us and not as much of a punishment as one might
think. It means that we have been entrusted with the burdens that we are given
because Heavenly Father and Christ understand our strengths better than we dp.
As stated in the book “Drawing Heaven into your Marriage, Elder Holland stated
that, “Too often too many of us run from the very things that will bless us and
save us and soothe. Too often we see gospel commitments and commandments as
something to be feared and forsake.” This thought reminded me of something that
my mission president once said to me in our monthly one of one interview. I
told him that I had been struggling with the language and therefore my personal
contribution as a missionary. I was really feeling down and discouraged
personally and with the progress in our area as a result. His response was “oh
good.” What? I was completely puzzled by his response but then he added, “that
means that a blessing, something really good is just around the corner.” He
encouraged me to be thankful for any struggle that I am given because that
means that I have been trusted and blessings are on the way. The same can be
said with relationships. With our faith in Christ we can remember that we are
only given trials and struggles that we can handle and by doing so, the
relationship and our personal needs will be met. All we have to do is remember,
have faith and embrace the struggle!
Christ made it through the struggle for us and showed us
that we can also make it through if will just endure. If both partners in the
relationship are working on a Christ centered marriage, then all needs will
fall into place as we have faith and follow the promptings of the spirit when
facing conflict.
No comments:
Post a Comment