The videos of the love lab and clips from the movie
Fireproof demonstrated how difficult it can be to understand each other and
align ourselves on the same page. There must be some thing in human nature that
makes us think about ourselves and what makes us happy first. Maybe it is
something to do with survival. Surviving the day, week, month, year, and sadly
sometimes just life. In this state of mind, we often forget that we are not
alone in these feelings. And therefore, we can turn our thoughts to our
partners for support knowing that they we are all trying to make it through. At
the end of the love lab video, when the couple was asked what they learned from
the exercise, the husband stated that he realized that when asked to talk about
their dreams, they only focused on their individual dreams and not their dreams
as a united couple who have just merged their lives together. That does not
mean that you lose your individual self because you are married, but your goals
and dreams may change because you want your partner to be there with you in
sharing the joy.
This lesson also demonstrated the power of words. This
point, which we viewed in the clips from Fireproof, can be summed up with one
statement. People may not always remember what you said or what you did, but
they will always remember how you made them feel. I hope that the positive way
that I made someone feel is the legacy that I leave behind in this life. I am
not perfect but it is something that I strive for.
No comments:
Post a Comment